Scientific activity at the Faculty of Philology
For eight decades, the Faculty of Philology of Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University has been formed as a basic component of philological education and science of Donetsk region, and since autumn 2014, Vinnytsia region.
Schools of Philology are well known both in Ukraine and abroad (Canada, Poland, Belarus, Moldova, Germany, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Serbia, Russia, etc.):
- Grammar Science School (linguists study grammatical units and processes in Ukrainian and other languages, Head – Doctor of Philology, Professor, A. Zahnitko);
- literary and scientific school “Intertextuality and intersubjectivity in literary works” (scientists work on the problem of intertextual reading of Ukrainian and world literature, head – Doctor of Philological Sciences, Professor V. Prosalova);
- Donetsk Onomastic School (linguists study various aspects of the history and functioning of onymic vocabulary (Doctor of Philology, Associate Professor E. Kravchenko, Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor O. Antoniuk);
- Scientific School “Health Psychology” (research of various aspects of health of the individual and society in general, Head – Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor O. Batsilieva);
- School of Social Communications (Head – Candidate of Philology, Associate Professor O. Taranenko).
Faculty of Philology is actively working on research within the complex budget and initiative topics:
- State budget scientific theme “Communicative-pragmatic and discursive-grammatical linguistic personality: structuring of linguistic personality and its computer modeling” (state registration number 0115U000088), “Objective and subjective linguistic and social grammar: communicative-cognitive-cognitive” cognitive-cognitive-cognitive measurement of the liver »(0118U003137);
- “The theory and practice of social communications in the conditions of becoming an information society” (state registration number 0111U009521);
- the initiative theme “Aggression and Argumentation: Conflict Discourse and its Linguistic Solution” – “Aggression und Argumentation: Konfliktdiskurse und ihre sprachliche Verhandlung” (German registration number A 115626);
- the initiative theme “Personal and situational determinants of human health”;
- Initiative theme “Poetics of literary and artistic work: theoretical, ontological, functional, intermedial” (state registration number 0018U0011041).
Teachers of the Linguistic Departments of the Faculty of Philology take part in two international scientific projects (“Slavic prepositions in synchrony and diachrony” and “Models of Slavic simple sentences”), develop the scientific project “Innovative processes in the lexicon and grammatical system of modern Ukrainian” and current problems of linguistics at the Center for Grammar Studies (since 2001), the Center for Applied and Theoretical Linguistics (since 2013).
Teachers of the Department of General and Applied Linguistics and Slavic Philology and students of the educational program “Applied Linguistics” participate in the implementation of the largest corps projects in Ukraine:
- in cooperation with the Ukrainian Language and Information Fund of Ukraine, within the framework of industrial practice, work on the morphological marking and annotation of the Ukrainian National Linguistic Corps (http://unlc.icybcluster.org.ua/virt_unlc/);
- in cooperation with the Laboratory of Computational Linguistics of the Institute of Philology of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv participate in the project of syntax indexing of the Ukrainian Language Corpus (http://www.mova.info/corpus.aspx) within the framework of industrial practice and laboratory works on discipline Applied Linguistics: Syntax.
The management of the faculty and departments implements joint scientific projects with the academic scientific institutions of Ukraine and abroad – the Institute of Linguistics., Institute of Literature, Institute of Ukrainian Language of Ukraine, Institute of Art Studies, Folklore and Ethnology, Ukrainian Language and Information Foundation of Ukraine, International School of Ukrainian Studies, etc .; keep in touch with the Scientific Society. T. Shevchenko, International Association of Ukrainists, Ukrainian Writers’ Association, National Union of Ukrainian Writers, NGOs and International Foundations (NGO “Association of Journalists, Publishers and Broadcasters” Novo Media “, IGO” Ukrainian Press Academy “, International Foundation for Women”) and NGO “Axis”, IGO “Academy of Ukrainian Press”, NGO “Donetsk Institute of Information”, NGO “Donetsk Press Club”, “Renaissance”, scholarship program “Tomorrow.UA” Victor Pinchuk Foundation, etc.).
International scientific contacts are active at the Faculty of Philology, which cooperates with teachers and scholars of Jagiellonian University (Krakow, Poland), Adam Mickiewicz University of Poznan (Poznan, Poland), Belgrade University (Serbia), Dresden Technical University (Dresden, Germany), Opole University (Opole, Poland), Grodno Yanka Kupala State University (Grodno, Belarus), Palatsky University in Olomouc (Olomouc, Czesz) Republic) and other reputable institutions.
Faculty of Philology, including ten Doctors of Sciences, thirty Candidates of Sciences, annually participate in over sixty scientific events of various levels – all-Ukrainian, international, including foreign, conferences, symposia, seminars, round tables: Grammar Readings, Modern Media Space: Realities and Perspectives on Development, Applied Social and Communication Technologies, Social Communications in Intercultural Space: An Intercontinental Dialogue of Intellectuals, “Topical issues of modern psychology and sociology”, “Dialogue of languages – dialogue of cultures. Ukraine and the World, “Current Problems of Syntax: Current State and Prospects for Research,” “Modern Ukrainian Studies: Problems of Language, Literature, and Culture,” “Grammar Theory: Categorical-Level Space. Priorities of German and Roman Linguistics, “” The Square of the Triangle: Four Days with Khvylov, “” Analysis and Interpretation of the Text in the Light of Modern Methodologies, “and many others.
Each academic year the library is replenished with a number of scientific and methodological publications of teachers, doctoral students and graduate students of the Faculty of Philology: more than two hundred publications of articles and reports in professional and other Ukrainian and foreign editions, about fifty textbooks, up to ten monographs and more.
Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University was selected as the basic higher educational institution for the second round of the 035.10 Applied Linguistics Specialty in Applied Linguistics in the 2019/2020 academic year in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine “On conducting the All-Ukrainian Student Contest fields of knowledge and specialties in the 2019/2020 academic year »dated 04.10.2019 № 1271 and in accordance with the Regulations on the All-Ukrainian competition of student scientific works in the branches knowledge and specialties, approved by the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine 18.04.2017 № 605, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine under No. 620/30488.